Welcome to our first developer blog on our new CB Game Studios website. We will aim to update the community as efficiently as possible on here with the latest development works and all future projects. Keep an eye out for a sneak peak of what’s to come!
We firstly must apologise for the unexpected closure of the V1.2 round of Mafia Order in January 2023. We began to outgrow our previous server, it was causing multiple issues with web sockets and it was deemed essential to migrate over to our new host as soon as possible. We were hoping for a swift and easy transition, but we encountered unforeseen issues which led to larger than anticipated downtime. As the downtime grew longer and longer, we took a decision to close the ongoing version permanently and use this period to strategically plan and develop a way of making the game more successful and populated. We looked into all the issues users had been experiencing and took your feedback and suggestions to improve the user experience. Here below we will outline some of the new features to look forward to.
*All changes mentioned in the patch notes are subject to further testing, they may change.
Many users were frustrated with the current kill system and complained of getting killed easily, with little methods to defend themselves and having to restart all over again. This has been a difficult topic to address as our kill system is very unique in comparison to other text-based online mafia games. We have identified several areas that we believe should add equality within fights.
- Health differences between ranks in the same kill range have been nerfed.
- Auto-backfire has been added to the side bar for ease of use when going AFK.
- Life Insurance requirement to have your auto-backfire set up in order to purchase a policy (in most cases people didn’t have this set up).
- Life Insurance reminder when your policy is due to expire.
- Life Insurance timer has also been added to the side bar.
- Free 30% Life Insurance policy for all users.
- Life Insurance policy costs now increase by rank, to make it more affordable at lower ranks.
- Crimes will now drop Common and Uncommon items from the tier above, to ease the transition into the next kill range.
- Beginner protection is now valid for 7 days to give users with a chance of rebuilding their new character upon death, with an option to cancel this for coins.
- You will receive an auto-backfire notification 1 hour before your beginner protection expires to ensure you have this set up.
- NPCs have been introduced to the game to give users experience in our unique combat system.
- Pre and post fight items will now display a message to indicate they have been used.
- Perks active during a fight will be visible on the fight page.
- Error message to be shown when you are trying to use an item during a turn cooldown (previously it just wouldn’t let you with no indication).
- Only the defender will receive the 10 minute cooldown after an attack, an attacker can be attacked instantly.
- Fixed an issue where the auto-backfire log didn’t update unless the attacker used a turn.
- Added a filter where you can only view your available consumables within the pre and post fight items.
We have developed a new system that has the potential to be expanded in the future and opens new doors within the world of Mafia Order. In V1.3 you will be able to purchase multiple hideouts for a fixed fee in any city, you can then build extensions and install rooms that will provide you with different perks. All of the rooms are then upgradeable and give greater benefits. The hideout will also have weekly upkeep that increases depending on the amount of rooms you have and the extent of the upgrades. Please note that you will only receive the benefits of the hideout while in the city it was built in. We have listed the current room perks and additional information below.
- Failure to pay your weekly upkeep will result in your perks frozen and unable to access your cars/stash. The payment fee is then doubled and failure to pay for the second week will result in losing your hideout.
- Each room if unbuilt will provide you with 15KG of storage
- Being in your hideout will reduce the chance of detectives finding you
- Each default hideout will have one room, with each extension adding an additional room to build in.
- You can only build a maximum of 4 extensions per hideout, which allows for 5 rooms per city.
- When you die you lose your hideout – this is NOT included within the life insurance policies.
|Earn additional EXP
|Extra energy gained
|Extra defence power
|Extra attack power
|Reduced vehicle repair costs
|Gain additional health recovery
We noticed there were a surplus amount of vehicles within the game, adding little to no value to them. We thought this was an area that needs improvement and so we gave vehicles additional values which are essential for heists, OCs and raids.
|Vehicles now have a use for the speed and storage value which will determine the success rate and amount of bullets you receive in committing a heist. We have added a visible success bar and average bullet count, so you can choose vehicles with your partner that will maximise your return. There is a chance that you lose your vehicle in a heist or that it becomes damaged.
|You are now required to use a 4-seater vehicle for this feature. The success rate will still be dependent on the vehicle value. You will lose your car when you complete an OC.
|You are now required to use a 4-seater vehicle for this feature. The success rate will still be dependent on the vehicle value. You will lose your car when you complete a Raid.
- All vehicle images have been redesigned.
- Vehicles now also come in different form of rarities, identical to the rarities used within items. Vehicles that are rare, epic and legendary will be harder to find than the common and uncommon vehicles within the GTA feature. This will give additional value to your vehicles instead of stealing and stocking up on the best cars.
- We have also increased the alcohol prices in the Brewery, this is to promote trading activity and earning additional money to pay for the new Hideout costs.
- Vehicle repair costs have also been increased, meaning that the Vehicle Workshop within your Hideout may come in very handy.
Territory was another big issue within the game, it worked on a first come first serve basis, making it very difficult for new users to obtain any territory themselves and territory being owned by one user for the duration of the round. We decided to re-write this feature with a twist.
- Territory owners will now automatically lose their territory after 7 days of ownership, removing the option to reinforce your influence in the territory.
- The territory is then unable to be re-purchased between 1 – 24 hours – this gives everyone an opportunity to pick up a territory.
- The same amount of reputation is needed to purchase a family perk territory, but costs have been significantly lowered from $200K to $75K.
- The pay out from the standard territory generating profit per hour has been significantly increased.
- Users can now sabotage territory using explosives to decrease the influence faster – feature is unlocked at rank 20.
- The type of explosives used will determine the amount of damage it inflicts.
INCREASING THE PLAYERBASE
The growth of Mafia Order is important to us and the community, we want to see this world littered with Gangsters and new families to put their stamp in 1922 America. We have put a lot focus into this area and added multiple features to encourage this.
- Coaching trainee now receives ALL the EXP received for a failed crime.
- Coaches will not gain crime % progress when taking a contract (to prevent coaches abusing the system).
- Free coaching contracts for all users (2 per day) and unlimited for VIP members.
- Auto-list contracts for VIP members.
- Group Crime Queuing is a new feature for VIP members, allowing you to pre-select your loadout for a group crime and go AFK. The leader of the group crime can then invite people to join their mission from a list of people waiting and ready, then instantly begin! This will be perfect for getting those extra hours in bed.
- Referral page has been reworked, increasing the rewards and giving visibility on your referees progress. You can now pre-register for a version and send your referral code to your friends.
- New feature to redeem a promo code, giving rewards. Follow us on social media platforms to never miss a reward! Talking of rewards, use promo code ‘V13MO‘ to receive 24 hours of free VIP membership when V1.3 releases!
- Daily Rewards have also been reworked, instead of a pre-selected list of items each day, you open a Chest to receive a random reward inside!
- New feature for weekly Challenges, receive rewards by being in the top 5 of EXP earners each week.
We need your help to make this game grow!
- Crimes page has been reworked.
- The 9th crime is now unlocked at rank 28, adjusting all item unlocks for this tier.
- Raid feature unlock is now rank 30.
- Heroic items are now unlocked at rank 34.
- Kill ranges have been slightly adjusted.
- Added field to show how much it costs to buy booze and how much profit/loss was made.
- When all the crime energy in a coaching contract is used, the contract will automatically finish instead of waiting the whole duration.
- The coaching trainee now has visibility on progress of their contracts.
- Coaching trainees now receive a notification if the contract was completed or failed.
- Coaching contracts are now in order of cheapest energy per $.
- New option to block a user from messaging you, also hides their messages in the live chat.
- Arms Trafficking requirements and timer have been halved.
- Bank perk will now give 20% reduced weekly fees on your Hideout instead of no transfer fees.
- Cinema and Grocery Store have been removed from the Territory Wiki due to not being implemented.
- Bookies feature has been added to the game, enabling users to bet on live events such as the Football Champions League Final.
- An Energy Drink has been added to the game for increasing energy burn.
- VIP membership page has been reworked.
- Live Events Bar has been added to the game for immersion, showing all live events in-game (such as lottery wins, player deaths, family going up/down, territory purchases etc).
- Account creation system has been reworked, you will no longer need to create a new account for each character.
- All notifications on the side bar will now be categorised by colours to show what they are.
- Newspaper has been removed for future development when the games player base has increased.
- Updated screenshots on the home page.
- Added additional Help options for the new side bar under your character.
- Added confirmation after you click ‘Buy now’ on an item from the Auction House.
- Added extensive visibility within the admin control panel to user accounts for cheating prevention.
- Fixed a bug causing users browsers to crash when viewing the City Map page.
- Fixed a bug preventing users to hire detectives while in shooting cooldown.
- Fixed a bug where detectives would still find users after you fired the detective.
- Fixed a bug where the side bars wouldn’t come back after finishing a fight.
- Fixed a bug where the tutorial would instantly close on some devices.
- Fixed a bug where the family notifications would disappear when you click on the family headquarters and not on the family log.
- Fixed a bug when you receive a message as you are typing to them and it clears your message.
- Fixed a bug where the message notification wouldn’t disappear.
- Fixed a bug where people could submit coaching contracts and accept a contract at the same time.
- Fixed a bug where cooldown timers would lose sync and show more energy than you had.
- Fixed a bug where avatars wouldn’t show correctly on the home page.
- Fixed a bug where you were unable to sign up for the newsletter on the home page.
- Fixed a bug where you received no family event when someone left the family.
- Fixed a bug where dead HDOs didn’t show on the last killed statistics page.
- Fixed a bug where the poker page displayed an error.
- Fixed a bug causing dead family members to still show on the family tree.
- Fixed a bug where the city map wouldn’t show the families colour on their territory.
- Fixed a bug where the live chat and notification/messages wouldn’t update live.
- Fixed a bug where the referral link wouldn’t work.
- Fixed a bug where the ASC would show on the side bar.
- Fixed a bug where the OC and Raid item images were out of alignment.
- Fixed a bug where you could see who placed a bid on the auction house if you saw it live.
- Fixed a bug where avatars wouldn’t show in a fight.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t click ‘Buy now’ on an item in the Auction House while you were currently the highest bidder.
- Fixed a bug where dead users still show on the users online page until their account is logged out.